Rupin Pass Trekking
Rupin Pass trekking is a beautiful trek situated on the border line of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Which is located in the Himalayan region at an altitude of about 1500 feet above sea level. Rupin Pass trekking takes about 7 to 8 days to complete. This tracking is medium level tracking. The best time to go for this trekking is in summer which is considered to be May and June and in winter it is considered very appropriate to go during the monsoon months of September and October.
The towering waterfalls, the beautiful mountain views, and the flower-bedecked grasslands are testimony to the fact that trekking to Rupin Pass is an incredible trek. The joy of which will cure all your tiredness. This trekking goes through Dhaula. Dhaula is a small township. This seven-day journey takes trekkers through steep mountains till Rupin Pass. Whose climbing is about 10000 feet. This trek starts from Uttarakhand and ends in Himachal Pradesh. Many small villages also come in between this trekking like “Jakha” this village is very beautiful and resting place. This village serves as an ideal resting place.
view of Rupin pass
Rupin Pass Trek is located on the border line of the Indian states of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. This trekking is a high altitude pass in the high ranges of the Himalayan Mountains. This trekking starts from Dhaula village in Uttarakhand and ends at Sangla in Himachal. In ancient times, people used this route for commuting and trade. And the people there use this road for grazing their sheep and goats. Kayoing is also done nearby. This trek is one of the special camping sites in the Himalayan Mountains. Rupin trek is surrounded by snow peaks. In this trek, you will also get to see beautiful waterfalls, beautiful mountains and dense forests.
Why is the Rupin Pass trek done from Dhaula?
Dhaula Rupin trek is the oldest trek route out of the trekking, which has always been followed by the Himalayan mountain climbers, today all the companies have changed their trekking route, but the oldest trekking route passes through Dhaula. There is also Rupin river in Dhaula near which you can do camping and spending the night here is a special experience for tourists and trekkers. Trekkers can enjoy the view while resting at this place.
Is Rupin Pass Trek Safe for You?
Rupin Pass trek is a safe trekking for you. If you are going with your good trekking friends with whom you can enjoy trekking. If you are going on tracking, then you should go after knowing the complete information about that tracking. If you have any problem during trekking, then you trek with the local trekking organization, then your trek can be very good and memorable. The minimum age for doing Rupin Trek is 15 years and the maximum age is 55 years. And if you are fit and can do trekking.
Points to note during Rupin Pass trek
- Very nice trek to Rupin trek.
- If you are going for trekking, then you should be fit.
- This trek is a moderate trek.
- This trek is started from Dhaula and ends at Sangla village.
- Before going on this trek, definitely ask about it from the nearest or any permanent resident.
Rupin Pass in summer and in winter
in the Summer Season
- The Rupin Pass trek is very special in summer, both the view and the temperature here are very beautiful.
- You have to bring simple clothes for the trek in summer, so that your trek can be good, at this time there is no need for warm clothes,
- It is also important to bring all the equipment you need in hiking.
- It is necessary to carry 3 to 4 pairs of clothes for trekking.
- The temperature remains normal during the summer season, so there is no need for warm clothes.
- It is cold in the morning, evening and night in the Rupin Pass trek, so do take warm clothes for the night and for the morning and evening.
in the Winter Season
- Rupin trek is not done in cold. At this time there is snow on the mountains, due to which it is difficult to trek.
- The best time to do the trek is from the last week of May to October.
- In the winter season, about 6 to 8 feet of snow falls at these places. In which trekking is not free from danger.
Best Time to Visit Rupin Pass Trek
Rupin trek is one such trek which is a beautiful and steep trek of the Himalayas. The best time to go trekking near Rupin Pass is from May to June and from August to October.
How to reach Rupin Pass Trekking?
By Air: – The nearest airport to Rupin Pass is at a distance of 225 kms which is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun.
By Railway Station: – The nearest railway station to Rupin Pass is located at a distance of 280 kms which is in Dehradun.
By Road: – If you want to go for Rupin pass then you can travel by bus from Dehradun to Gangotri. Or one can also go by personal vehicle.