Your daily routine structures your entire day. If structured effectively, it can increase your productivity and make you feel positive about yourself. But the onus is on you! Your day can be efficient and have feasible schedules or it can be exhausting and have time-consuming schedules. This all depends on how you structure your day so that you can utilize your maximum potential and feel satisfied with yourself at the end of the day. Figuring out a perfect schedule can be a daunting task and trust us, it’s all worth it and can make your days much better. Here are six things that you can include in your daily routines which will change the way how you feel throughout the day and make it more energetic. Let’s go and check them out!
- TAKE A MORNING WALK OR MEDITATE: The most important thing is how you start your days. The way you start your day can change the outlook of your entire day. Either simple 20 minutes to half an hour morning walk or meditation are some of the best ways to start your day. Some people even prefer to drink healthy drinks or lukewarm water first thing in the morning right after waking up. So, you can also include healthy drinks in your morning routines and make them more rejuvenating.
- MAKE A TO-DO LIST: A to-do list would help you structure and organize your day. List all the tasks you want to accomplish in a day and then divide them accordingly. Don’t try putting everything for a single day. That would make you feel more exhausted and even unproductive at the end of the day if those tasks are not accomplished. First list all the necessary tasks that have to be done that day and prioritize them accordingly. The trick is to make a simple yet effective to-do list.
- MAKE TIME FOR EXERCISE: Spending just 30 minutes of your day on exercising can do wonders! Exercise not only improves your physical health but also is effective for your mental health. Your workouts need not be very intense, they can be simple exercises that help your body to be in movement. Again, the timings for the exercise should be feasible for you. You can do exercise both in the morning and evening, it all depends on which time of the day you feel comfortable doing exercise.
- MIND THE FEASIBILITY AND FLEXIBILITY OF YOUR ROUTINE: As already mentioned it’s very important to keep checking whether your daily routine and the to-do list are feasible for your body or not. Another important factor is flexibility. Try making your schedule flexible so that you can take breaks and even include outside plans. If you make your schedule too restricted and tight, it will only make you feel pressurised and burdened. Work is important and it’s important to remember that your work schedule doesn’t take a toll on you and leave you drained.
- DON’T FORGET TO TAKE BREAKS: Your daily routine needs to have breaks for you to take some ‘me’ time and process your thoughts. Breaks are an important part of any schedule. Without breaks, your daily routine won’t be as effective. Breaks are an essential part of processing your thoughts and reflecting on your work. Don’t feel guilty about taking breaks and consider it as an essential part of your daily routine. Breaks can be taken in so different ways. Try to find a way that relaxes your body and mind. It can be reading, surfing on social media, having snacks, or taking a small walk.
- JOURNAL BEFORE YOU GO TO BED: Journaling is very effective and rejuvenating to finish your day. It would help you to reflect on your day and yourself. Journaling helps you to sort your thoughts and can be a very healthy practice to follow. You can reflect on what your day lacked and what you want to improve in your day. Journaling also helps you to prepare yourself for the next day. Journaling gives you time to reflect on your mistakes and by doing that, you can make sure not to repeat them. It is also effective in releasing tension and stress.
We are finally done with all the practices that should be included in your daily routine and would make your day much more effective and efficient. It’s important to understand that not all bodies work the same so you need to figure out whatever suits you the best. Once you figure that out, it would be easier for you to find out the daily routine that works just for you. Daily routines are important as your days add up to months and months to a year. So just grab your pen and start figuring out what can work best for you.